R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > 24V Engine Swaps > M50/52 & S50/52

Old 03-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #1
eThirT
Noobie

M52b28 Swap - No Spark

Hi guys! I'm finally getting the starter to crank, but now I'm not getting any spark. The injectors are firing and the fuel lines are connected correctly. I have new spark plugs in as well. The crank position sensor is connected, but has not been tested (not sure if you can). All grounds are attached. Anyone know what the issue could be?
Thanks!
eThirT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #2
exhaust
Grease Monkey

What year is your car? Try unplugging your OBC, the immobilizer could have been tripped. This caused a no start for me on my swap. Has your EWS been flashed out?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #3
eThirT
Noobie

I'll try it. The EWS has been flashed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #4
Klug
Mod Crazy

Running ODB2? Hopefully- if so, the logs should help out. If ODB1, could possibly be the crank or cam sensor as I've seen them start to be wonky. Or your wiring is incorrect somewhere. Trace the wires, even if EWS is flashed out- the "13 button OBC" code function could be tripping you up, as it was mentioned by exhaust above. I had the same issue and had to unplug/replug some ignition wires on the e30 side to override the function.

555Garage
'13 BMW X5 35d
'92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
'89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
'81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
'67 Pontiac LeMans
'24 Model T Depot Hack

Klug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:00 AM   #5
eThirT
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klug View Post
Running ODB2? Hopefully- if so, the logs should help out. If ODB1, could possibly be the crank or cam sensor as I've seen them start to be wonky. Or your wiring is incorrect somewhere. Trace the wires, even if EWS is flashed out- the "13 button OBC" code function could be tripping you up, as it was mentioned by exhaust above. I had the same issue and had to unplug/replug some ignition wires on the e30 side to override the function.

Yep, OBD2. I have the harness OBD2 adapter on order so I can read codes. I'm getting a check engine light now so it could be anything. I'm going to test the crank position sensor as well and check that off the list. I'll try what you and exhaust said to do today also. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk