R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Lounge > Politics and Religion

Old 07-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #2506
parkerbink
R3V OG

Send a message via AIM to parkerbink Send a message via MSN to parkerbink Send a message via Yahoo to parkerbink
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale View Post
What you said was we haven't been recording the data long enough. While this is true, we have methods to determine past conditions with a degree of precision that is accurate enough to gain a level of understanding to make the conclusions we presently have.

Science never has 100% answers, that's why the answer evolves as our level of understanding grows, even laws are relative simplistic accumulations of theories with known outcomes. We do not need a 100% answer to come to the reasonable conclusion that the climate is changing as a result of mans influence. If you're holding out for that 100%, you're going to be waiting quite literally forever.
qft

Ice cores and climate change

https://www.bas.ac.uk/data/our-data/...limate-change/

It never ceases to amaze me how people can formulate strong opinions without any data.

"I think ocelots are really geese" Really why? "I just think so"

Oh ok......

parkerbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #2507
marshallnoise
R3VLimited

From the article above:

"Summary

Ice cores provide direct information about how greenhouse gas concentrations have changed in the past, and they also provide direct evidence that the climate can change abruptly under some circumstances. However, they provide no direct analogue for the future because the ice core era contains no periods with concentrations of CO2 comparable to those of the next century."

So...humans.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build
marshallnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:53 PM   #2508
cale
E30 Mastermind

Quote:
It then started to rise, and its concentration is now nearly 40% higher than it was before the industrial revolution (see Fig. 2 overleaf). Other measurements (e.g. isotopic data) confirm that the increase must be due to emissions of CO2 from fossil fuel usage and deforestation. Measurements from older ice cores (discussed below) confirm that both the magnitude and rate of the recent increase are almost certainly unprecedented over the last 800,000 years.
Yes humans.

The sad thing is, that summary actually highlights the abruptness of the impact we've had, and you confuse it to mean something else.
cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #2509
parkerbink
R3V OG

Send a message via AIM to parkerbink Send a message via MSN to parkerbink Send a message via Yahoo to parkerbink
Clearly, our behavior has severely reduced the trees thereby curtailing the ability of the planet to cure it's self while releasing billions of years of C02, stored in coal, oil and other fossil fuels.

Or maybe it is just a previously unheard of cyclic event......

parkerbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:16 PM   #2510
Wschnitz
R3V OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
No. The world is bowl shaped, that's how the water stays in.
Woah, Dude are you a scientist?