R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E34/E28 Forums > General 5 Series Technical

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2015, 10:50 PM   #16
BuzzBomb
Member
 
BuzzBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by totheredline View Post
US spec B34 with b34 head. thatll give you the best head flow and lowest compression.
I realize this is an old thread, but you're incorrect.
As a public service, C/Rs:
US b34/b34 head 8:1 Good choice
EU b34/b34 head 10:1 Bad choice
US b34/b35 head 7.45:1 Best choice
EU b34/b35 head 9.11:1 Really bad idea
So, adding a b35 head to a b34 block would give you the lowest compression and best flow. Do not use a b35 intake on a b34 head or vise-versa. The ports are shaped differently. Also don't use a B35 head on a EU b34 because the piston crowns are shaped differently than the combustion chamber of the b35 head and will hit the head unless you use a thick head gasket. But using piano top pistons in a turbo build is silly anyway.
__________________
'88 e28 B9
'74 e12 525
BuzzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #17
ThatOneEuroE30
R3V OG
 
ThatOneEuroE30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 8,254
You can use a b35 intake in a b34 head it won't hurt anything. If you add forced induction then you should port match your head to the intake though
ThatOneEuroE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #18
BuzzBomb
Member
 
BuzzBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
You can use a b35 intake in a b34 head it won't hurt anything. If you add forced induction then you should port match your head to the intake though
Sadly I don't think you know what you're talking about. Why would you knowingly put an intake manifold on a head with ports that don't match? And port match it when going turbo? Why not just use the correct manifold for the head? A b35 manifold is a step backward on a b34 head because of the port mismatch. Anyway, we see things differently, I guess. Good luck with your build.
__________________
'88 e28 B9
'74 e12 525
BuzzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:51 AM   #19
ThatOneEuroE30
R3V OG
 
ThatOneEuroE30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 8,254
Euro spec m30b34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomb View Post
Sadly I don't think you know what you're talking about. Why would you knowingly put an intake manifold on a head with ports that don't match? And port match it when going turbo? Why not just use the correct manifold for the head? A b35 manifold is a step backward on a b34 head because of the port mismatch. Anyway, we see things differently, I guess. Good luck with your build.

For 1.3 motronic I know tons who use b35 intake and port match. Including Otis...

Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 04-29-2015 at 10:30 AM.
ThatOneEuroE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:52 PM   #20
Good & Tight
Forum Sponsor
 
Good & Tight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomb View Post
Sadly I don't think you know what you're talking about. Why would you knowingly put an intake manifold on a head with ports that don't match? And port match it when going turbo? Why not just use the correct manifold for the head? A b35 manifold is a step backward on a b34 head because of the port mismatch. Anyway, we see things differently, I guess. Good luck with your build.
Hate to inform you but, If you port the B34 head to match the B35 intake it works very well.
I have run a B34 head with the B35 intake.

And this is the worst possible advice----> "US b34/b35 head 7.45:1 Best choice"

Compression that low is for engine management technology from the 80's.
I suggest you read up on actual facts and data before spreading misinformation.
__________________
Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/
____________________________
E-mail Panayiotisx2@gmail.com
Dyno vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL
Good & Tight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 PM   #21
BuzzBomb
Member
 
BuzzBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by good & tight View Post
hate to inform you but, if you port the b34 head to match the b35 intake it works very well.
No shit. I never said it wouldn't. Did you even read the statements that i responded to? Let me help you:
Statement: "you can use a b35 intake in a b34 head it won't hurt anything. If you add forced induction then you should port match your head to the intake though"
my response: "why would you knowingly put an intake manifold on a head with ports that don't match? And port match it when going turbo?"
His statement implied that it is fine to use mismatched ports, unless you were going with forced induction. I corrected him. You agree with me, but want to argue about it i guess.


i have run a b34 head with the b35 intake.
High Five!

and this is the worst possible advice----> "us b34/b35 head 7.45:1 best choice"
Again, read the original statement: "us spec b34 with b34 head. Thatll give you the best head flow and lowest compression." my answer is correct and directed at that statement. B34-b34 is not the best flow, and not the lowest compression combination. Prove me wrong. It is "best choice" in response to his original statement suggesting the lowest compression from the given combinations.

compression that low is for engine management technology from the 80's.
If you say so.
i suggest you read up on actual facts and data before spreading misinformation.
i'll be sure and do that, since all my facts are so wrong. Yeah, i'll get right on that.
__________________
'88 e28 B9
'74 e12 525
BuzzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #22
Good & Tight
Forum Sponsor
 
Good & Tight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomb View Post
You help me..? Now that's laughable. Not here to argue at all, carry on.....
__________________
Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/
____________________________
E-mail Panayiotisx2@gmail.com
Dyno vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL
Good & Tight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #23
totheredline
Mod Crazy
 
totheredline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chesapeake
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomb View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but you're incorrect.
As a public service, C/Rs:
US b34/b34 head 8:1 Good choice
EU b34/b34 head 10:1 Bad choice
US b34/b35 head 7.45:1 Best choice
EU b34/b35 head 9.11:1 Really bad idea
So, adding a b35 head to a b34 block would give you the lowest compression and best flow. Do not use a b35 intake on a b34 head or vise-versa. The ports are shaped differently. Also don't use a B35 head on a EU b34 because the piston crowns are shaped differently than the combustion chamber of the b35 head and will hit the head unless you use a thick head gasket. But using piano top pistons in a turbo build is silly anyway.


totally meant b35 head... my bad.
__________________
= Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30
totheredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC