R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Appearance & Cosmetic > General Cosmetics

Old 10-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #61
2mAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitt01 View Post
Final update got my key finally ! lol

And as you can see they crossed off another part # and wrote down 1900875 which in realoem converts it to part # 51211900875.. anyways i'm really happy I got it and just a heads up to anyone who happens to go to the dealer and order their key with a vin# MAKE SURE YOU/THEY ORDER THE GENERAL KEY AND NOT STANDARD !
I need to order one of these for my car.

Is there a generic trunk lock setup that I can pin to match the key? Im worried I have to buy the trunk lock from the dealership too and that plus the key can get pretty expensive for what Im getting back. The key I dont mind.

Also, pass side lock feels a little stiff when unlocking/locking the doors. Is there something I can spray in there to loosen er up?
Simon
Current Cars:
-1988 BMW 325i
-1968 Datsun Roadster 2000 with Nissan Competition Package
2mAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #62
bostonvert
Wrencher

My key fell apart somehow and I'm not 100% how to reassemble it...

Do I slide the key further trough the hole as shown in the picture below or is there another way to reassemble everything?

1985 e28 520i
bostonvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:49 AM   #63
bradnic
R3VLimited

That doesn’t look repairable to me. You will need to order a new key. Important you have at least one functioning OEM steel key. Most US aftermarket keys are brass and cut from worn keys to begin with. You risk breaking them in the lock

Good luck
bradnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #64
2mAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mAn View Post
Is there a generic trunk lock setup that I can pin to match the key? Im worried I have to buy the trunk lock from the dealership too and that plus the key can get pretty expensive for what Im getting back. The key I dont mind.

Also, pass side lock feels a little stiff when unlocking/locking the doors. Is there something I can spray in there to loosen er up?
any tips here?
Simon
Current Cars:
-1988 BMW 325i
-1968 Datsun Roadster 2000 with Nissan Competition Package
2mAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #65
ThatOneEuroE30
R3V OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mAn View Post
any tips here?

I think BMW sells a rebuild kit for all the lock cylinders would just have to find the part # on Realoem. As for the sticky lock. Get some permatex graphite grease. To help loosen it up put a couple squirts in the key hole of the lock and then run the key in and out a couple time and also lock and unlock it. Should help free things up.
ThatOneEuroE30 is offline   Reply With Quote