R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Car Audio & Electronics

Old 10-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #166
Hamgul
Noobie

Jay,
That is super cool good for you man! I am looking forward to hearing back from you when units are available for sale (I need two).

Hamik
Hamgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #167
stonea
R3VLimited

Congrats on the self employment! One day I hope to do the same.
1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
Feedback

Instagram: stone.hopkins_757_
stonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #168
DetroitEE
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamgul View Post
Jay,
That is super cool good for you man! I am looking forward to hearing back from you when units are available for sale (I need two).

Hamik
Not to be a total buzz kill here...but IMO there should be a 1 per person limit because of the very limited initial quantity. I would be willing to bet that there are more than 50 people interested. Obviously this is up to Jay, just my 2 cents.

Really looking forward to this, nice work!
DetroitEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #169
Court M3
R3V OG

I'm down whenever these are ready!
Court M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #170
jaysterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitEE View Post
Not to be a total buzz kill here...but IMO there should be a 1 per person limit because of the very limited initial quantity. I would be willing to bet that there are more than 50 people interested. Obviously this is up to Jay, just my 2 cents.

Really looking forward to this, nice work!
Yes, forgot to mention, it'll be 1 per person. I'm even thinking a group buy thread might be better since it's all out in the open and timestamped to avoid early posters. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for the thumbs up guys, can't wait to rock and roll with this. I just installed a whip antenna on top of my workshop for radios on the bench, so now it's really official
jaysterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:06 AM   #171
James Crivellone
Server Admin/Site Owner ^---Warning, may have short patience at any time!

Send a message via ICQ to James Crivellone Send a message via AIM to James Crivellone Send a message via MSN to James Crivellone Send a message via Yahoo to James Crivellone
Question, as the CM5907 is next out (and what I have lying around) may I just buy an outfitted CM5908 from you to save the hassle?
Old 11-09-2017, 06:27 AM   #172
george graves
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysterling View Post
So, after a lot of thought, I've announced that I'm leaving the company in January to pursue this full time.
As much as I wish you the best of luck, I will caution you, that for every "Take My Money! PLEASE!" reply you get, it's only about 1 out of 100 people actually cough up cash. Even if you have a hot item, you'll be sorely disappointed in the difference in excitement of a product vs actually sales. Take this from someone that has been there and done that.

With that said, I love my customers. I've been selling stuff to the e30 community for 10 years now. I have had some good success - but the e30 market is way to niche to do anything full time. Doesn't matter if it's sub woofer boxes, or radio upgrades. It's way too small of a market to quit a job over. I hope I'm not right....And you rock on with this - and prove me totally wrong.
george graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #173
Court M3
R3V OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Crivellone View Post
Question, as the CM5907 is next out (and what I have lying around) may I just buy an outfitted CM5908 from you to save the hassle?
+1 would rather just buy and send you mine as a core.
Court M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:44 PM   #174
jaysterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by george graves View Post
As much as I wish you the best of luck, I will caution you, that for every "Take My Money! PLEASE!" reply you get, it's only about 1 out of 100 people actually cough up cash. Even if you have a hot item, you'll be sorely disappointed in the difference in excitement of a product vs actually sales. Take this from someone that has been there and done that.

With that said, I love my customers. I've been selling stuff to the e30 community for 10 years now. I have had some good success - but the e30 market is way to niche to do anything full time. Doesn't matter if it's sub woofer boxes, or radio upgrades. It's way too small of a market to quit a job over. I hope I'm not right....And you rock on with this - and prove me totally wrong.
Thanks George. The e30 market itself would be too niche, but I'm not planning to only support e30's. I want to build up a line of these boards that support different cars. Other BMWs, Mercedes, Porsche, older Corvettes - anything that's desirable and doesn't have a solid retrofit product already available, I'm interested in supporting.

Even still, the question will be whether this is a large enough market. But I'm ready for a job change anyway. If it turns out to not be viable, I'll go join the workforce again and maybe sell these on the side, slow down on development of new products. I see that possibility and I'm OK with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court M3 View Post
+1 would rather just buy and send you mine as a core.
I'm thinking I'll probably offer a mail-in installation service, but sending out a complete unit up front and taking a core later I don't think I'll do. The reason is that I'm not completely rebuilding these radios as is often the case with sending back a core. Because of that, I'd have to start testing of all the cores to make sure they function 100% correctly before I could resell them. If they don't, I'd be stuck repairing them on my own dime and time. On top of that, the cores would be in a range of cosmetic shapes. I can't sell someone a unit that's all banged up who is sending me a pristine core. So I just see a lot of headaches and unhappy customers going down that path. If I install in a customer-supplied radio, all that goes away.
jaysterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #175
TrentW
R3VLimited

I'm sold. Hope the wait time isn't TOO long.
TrentW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #176
bradnic
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentW View Post
I'm sold. Hope the wait time isn't TOO long.
Stop by sometime and check it out Trent.. have it installed in my vert
bradnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:59 AM   #177
Chrisbike
E30 Addict

Projected date available?

91' 325iX Sterling Silber
Chrisbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #178
george graves
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysterling View Post
I want to build up a line of these boards that support different cars. Other BMWs, Mercedes, Porsche, older Corvettes - anything that's desirable and doesn't have a solid retrofit product already available, I'm interested in supporting.
Awesome! Pro tip, don't bother joining a bunch of forums to drum up interest. Even with the best intentions, you'll be seen as a outsider with a zero post count - only there to make money - and scorned. Facebook is where it's at.
george graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:47 AM   #179
TrentW
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnic View Post
Stop by sometime and check it out Trent.. have it installed in my vert
You around MTW?
TrentW is offline   Reply With Quote