R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > M20

Old 05-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
Fish Milk

Replacing Timing belt and water pump questions

Hello, I'm planning on replacing my timing belt and water pump and I would like to know if the kit im going to buy has good parts, last thing I want is to buy crap parts and have things go wrong later on. I don't mind spending extra money to ensure I am receiving the good quality parts. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...x-325i-e30kit1

I have tried to look at different forums and people say Contitech is the OEM manufacturer for the timing belt and if im not mistaken Graf is a trusted brand for the water pump as well. besides that I don't know where to start learning about how I would go and start the replacements once I get them. I'd say I do fairly well when following instructions and guides, I just don't know which to follow. all recommendations and tips about doing all this would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Fish Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:03 PM   #2
mbonanni
R3V OG

I just recently installed the same kit, you should be good to go. Watch some youtube videos on how to replace a timing belt and water pump and that will help you along the way. You will quickly realize it is not very difficult and that it just takes a minute to get comfortable with the m20. Good Luck
mbonanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #3
Sonny
Banned

Fcpeuro or blunttech and your all set.
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:36 PM   #4
r-mm
Advanced Member

Yes good stuff. Order a tube of Curil T. a light (not heavy) coat on paper gaskets (not shaft seals) is good insurance and helps keep gaskets in place while you install other components.
r-mm is offline   Reply With Quote