R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Lounge > Politics and Religion

Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #31
Thizzelle
R3V Elite

@Cliche Guevara
and what was the reason for the attack on the Embassy?
Thizzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #32
Cliche Guevara
Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thizzelle View Post
@Cliche Guevara
and what was the reason for the attack on the Embassy?
An anti-American sentiment was stirred up among a portion of the Middle East's population by rabble-rousers reporting that the anti-Muslim film posted to youtube was a (US) state sponsored video. That was the initial cause of the outrage and it seems that various militias, and possibly al-Qaeda, channeled that outrage into an attack on our embassy. Now, the deeper cause of the outrage is the economic strife in that region, itself caused by massively surging food prices and the recent political instability, combined with the higher volatility and tendency towards violence that Muslims have shown to have.
Cliche Guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #33
Vedubin01
R3V Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
An anti-American sentiment was stirred up among a portion of the Middle East's population by rabble-rousers reporting that the anti-Muslim film posted to youtube was a (US) state sponsored video. That was the initial cause of the outrage and it seems that various militias, and possibly al-Qaeda, channeled that outrage into an attack on our embassy. Now, the deeper cause of the outrage is the economic strife in that region, itself caused by massively surging food prices and the recent political instability, combined with the higher volatility and tendency towards violence that Muslims have shown to have.

Shut the fuck up!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
Vedubin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #34
Cliche Guevara
Mod Crazy

I'm gonna go ahead and turn down that suggestion.
Cliche Guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #35
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title

:facepalm:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #36
Vedubin01
R3V Elite

Quote:
An anti-American sentiment was stirred up among a portion of the Middle East's population by rabble-rousers reporting that the anti-Muslim film posted to youtube was a (US) state sponsored video.

Jon Stewart’s Take On The Libya That Every Single American Needs To See

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/10/1806...-needs-to-see/

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #37
z31maniac

Send a message via AIM to z31maniac
Quote:
I don't recall them flat out denying that it was a terrorist attack. While Obama hasn't until recently used that specific word, he has been unwavering in condemning the attack and groups who took part. In his response the next day I saw nothing more than a strong, solemn, and straight-forward approach to discussing the event. The right is doing an excellent job of manufacturing outrage at the administration over this, something they've proven quite adept at (ex: the "you didn't build that" bullshit).
Yeah, like the president ISN'T going to "strongly condemn" an attack against one of our foreign facilities?

www.gutenparts.com
One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

z31maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #38
Thizzelle
R3V Elite

Quote:
so blind outrage, thanks for clearing that up.
Thizzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #39
M-technik-3

Send a message via Yahoo to M-technik-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedubin01 View Post
Jon Stewart’s Take On The Libya That Every Single American Needs To See

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/10/1806...-needs-to-see/
To make light of it, Stewart's bit was funny but spot on.
M-technik-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #40
M-technik-3

Send a message via Yahoo to M-technik-3
This seems to not play well for the current administration.
M-technik-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #41
gwb72tii
No R3VLimiter

Quote:
care to re-think this post?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #42
gwb72tii
No R3VLimiter

so i'm wondering specifically with all that's come to light recently if all you all that support he president have changed your opinion about barack?
1. live video feed to the situation room in the WH of the battle as its happening
2. Sec of Defense Panetta visiting the WH during the battle
3. Claims of responsibility by al-qaeda affiliated group for the attack, during the attack
4. CIA requesting aid during the fight, three times
5. CIA being told to stand down, three times
6. CIA "painting" the mortar with laser that's being used to shell the ambassador's house, and the c131 gunship not being allowed to fire, even though its designed specifically for that type of situation. this mortar later kills the CIA operative by shelling the CIA safe house.
7. the President now refusing to answer questions from reporters any longer about the firefight

does anyone care that the media could care less as it's obama, but if it were bill clinton they'd be all over his ass with questions?
does anyone care the pres has been misleading all of us on this?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #43
Eric
R3V Elite

Send a message via AIM to Eric
Penetta's press conference stating that the CIA never refused the requests. Seams to me like that was a punch back at the Obama camp after joe's "We didn't know" remark during the debate.

The requests were denied, but by who?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #44
Vedubin01
R3V Elite

Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #45
joshh
R3V OG

I can not imagine the President wasn't told what was going on all night long and went to bed totally ignorant of what had happened. Is that what's being suggested?

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama
joshh is offline   Reply With Quote