R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > Regional Forums > Gatherings & Regional Discussion > California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #4621
Nick_S
No R3VLimiter
 
Nick_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,593
pretty clean alpine white late model with what I think are bbs rs in Belmont shore near long beach. Seen it for a bit and noticed its been missing the kidneys. Went for a ride and left my spare kidney on the windshield.


__________________
91 318is M50 swapped
05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524
Nick_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #4622
Navarone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Bay
Posts: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
Fo sho.

IMO, if you are saying Interstate 5 or I-5, you don't need "the", because these are truly proper nouns?
I wouldn't use "the", but I'm from hella norcal, so I was raised without that little mental tic. Sometimes I use "the" ironically but don't use it in normal conversation because it sounds awkward to me.

"we're all weirdos" truer words have never been spoken.
Navarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #4623
CarCorgi
Noobie
 
CarCorgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sacramento California
Posts: 11
Spotted a Red 2 door with dark tinted windows in Elk Grove today at Laguna blvd and Big Horn going the opposite direction as me, could not see other distinguishable features.
__________________

my rides:
1991 bmw 325i (DD)
1965 mustang (project)
CarCorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #4624
phreshkid
R3V Elite
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Surf City, Ca
Posts: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_S View Post
pretty clean alpine white late model with what I think are bbs rs in Belmont shore near long beach. Seen it for a bit and noticed its been missing the kidneys. Went for a ride and left my spare kidney on the windshield.
You are e30 fairy. No one deserves your grace.
__________________
world renown Harry Potter expert
<a href=http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1imhgec6.jpg target=_blank>http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1imhgec6.jpg</a>
phreshkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #4625
R3Z3N
R3VLimited
 
R3Z3N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
In the Bay Area do folks say, "take the BART to the stadium" or, "take BART to the stadium"? Serious question.
Take BART to stadium.....

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
R3Z3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #4626
UNHCLL
R3V OG
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Hampster
Posts: 8,768
Yesterday AM - around 10:30 - Dark blue Touring turning from Marina Blvd onto 101.
Beautiful car, very clean.

Also saw a Black 89+ Coupe, lowered with a reiger style front lip, Enkei(?) mesh wheels driving past the Ferry Building, and again parked up near Telegraph Hill.
__________________
Below the radar...
UNHCLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #4627
efficient
No R3VLimiter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_S View Post
pretty clean alpine white late model with what I think are bbs rs in Belmont shore near long beach. Seen it for a bit and noticed its been missing the kidneys. Went for a ride and left my spare kidney on the windshield.


that's real nice. You should have opened the hood and put the kidneys on
efficient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #4628
blazinxpk
E30 Modder
 
blazinxpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
Fo sho.

IMO, if you are saying Interstate 5 or I-5, you don't need "the", because these are truly proper nouns?
well thats the thing...

we say "take 5 to LA", "take 101 to SF", etc...

__________________
blazinxpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:19 PM   #4629
Navarone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Bay
Posts: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3Z3N View Post
Take BART to stadium.....

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Navarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:36 PM   #4630
markseven
R3V Elite
 
markseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: foot of the Cross
Posts: 5,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNHCLL View Post
Yesterday AM - around 10:30 - Dark blue Touring turning from Marina Blvd onto 101.
Beautiful car, very clean.

Also saw a Black 89+ Coupe, lowered with a reiger style front lip, Enkei(?) mesh wheels driving past the Ferry Building, and again parked up near Telegraph Hill.
Chris, you are in So Cal right now? I thought I sensed a disturbance in the Force...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinxpk View Post
well thats the thing...

we say "take 5 to LA", "take 101 to SF", etc...

It sounds normal (in So Cal anyway) to say it without the "the" only if "5" is preceded by "Interstate" or "I".
__________________
I Timothy 2:1-2
markseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:32 PM   #4631
Sps
Wrencher
 
Sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Glendora, Ca
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 325 View Post
Shant's car has black bumpers, black wheels, MHW tails, no wing and a plate filler.
So I was close?
__________________


ATTENTION:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT DONE SO, PLEASE DO SO AT THIS TIME
Sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #4632
markseven
R3V Elite
 
markseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: foot of the Cross
Posts: 5,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sps View Post
So I was close?
Lol.
__________________
I Timothy 2:1-2
markseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #4633
UNHCLL
R3V OG
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Hampster
Posts: 8,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
Chris, you are in So Cal right now? I thought I sensed a disturbance in the Force...
LOL!
I was in Napa & SF last week. Took the redeye back last night.
First time in CA - went out and drove part of PCH from Marshall to Bodega Bay.

Can't wait to come back, spend some more time in Napa, and then explore N. CA. I was uber jealous of your weather!!!!
__________________
Below the radar...
UNHCLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:38 PM   #4634
Ghosty
Member
 
Ghosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long beach
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_S View Post
pretty clean alpine white late model with what I think are bbs rs in Belmont shore near long beach. Seen it for a bit and noticed its been missing the kidneys. Went for a ride and left my spare kidney on the windshield.


This is my car!!! I just posted in General Discussion!

Nick this made my day, let me buy you lunch! Lol
Ghosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:46 AM   #4635
markseven
R3V Elite
 
markseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: foot of the Cross
Posts: 5,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNHCLL View Post
LOL!
I was in Napa & SF last week. Took the redeye back last night.
First time in CA - went out and drove part of PCH from Marshall to Bodega Bay.

Can't wait to come back, spend some more time in Napa, and then explore N. CA. I was uber jealous of your weather!!!!
Let the group know if you make it to So Cal at some point. We'll do a meet and greet of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
This is my car!!! I just posted in General Discussion!

Nick this made my day, let me buy you lunch! Lol
This is pure awesome.
__________________
I Timothy 2:1-2
markseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC