R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Appearance & Cosmetic > Interior

Old 04-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
DumbYetSmart
Noobie

Smooth Shifter Center Console

Hey y誕ll!

I知 attempting to do the E46 Armrest/Cupholder Retrofit. I noticed people always complained of the different texture in surfaces. I was wondering whether anyone has gone the route I知 about to try. Originally I was going to putty fill the leather texture away to be smooth, filler prime, and satin black both the surface of the shifter console and the brake console from the E46, so they値l match.

While I was sanding to add grip, I figured why not sand it all down since there seems to be enough material to where it値l be level and smooth. I guess worst come to worst I buy a new console. There痴 a couple spots on my console where the wrap is slightly peeling and the foam underneath is split but I was going to fix/reinforce it with some fiberglass resin.

Let me know if I知 in over my head lol

I値l post some photos later when I知 done wet sanding it down
DumbYetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
agent

The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only. Please do not ask questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
DumbYetSmart
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only. Please do not ask questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
Sorry boss, if you could go ahead and delete this I値l make a new post in general later. Thank you.
DumbYetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #4
DJNikonn
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbYetSmart View Post
Hey y誕ll!

I知 attempting to do the E46 Armrest/Cupholder Retrofit. I noticed people always complained of the different texture in surfaces. I was wondering whether anyone has gone the route I知 about to try. Originally I was going to putty fill the leather texture away to be smooth, filler prime, and satin black both the surface of the shifter console and the brake console from the E46, so they値l match.

While I was sanding to add grip, I figured why not sand it all down since there seems to be enough material to where it値l be level and smooth. I guess worst come to worst I buy a new console. There痴 a couple spots on my console where the wrap is slightly peeling and the foam underneath is split but I was going to fix/reinforce it with some fiberglass resin.

Let me know if I知 in over my head lol

I値l post some photos later when I知 done wet sanding it down

I致e been wanting this in my car for years. Let us know how it turns out, I知 very interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DJNikonn is offline   Reply With Quote