R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Suspension & Unsprung > Springs, Shocks, Sways & Steering

Old 02-10-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
DOC-K
Noobie

Making a Convertible 1 to 1 1/2" lower

Lets just say you wanted to lower the car (a 91 or 92 325) and have a stock "ride"
What would you need to do?
I am in the process of buying one car or the other....
Old 02-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #2
Jokester
Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC-K View Post
Lets just say you wanted to lower the car (a 91 or 92 325) and have a stock "ride"
What would you need to do?
I am in the process of buying one car or the other....
H&R sport springs with Koni orange or Bilstein shocks is you’re best bet.
Jokester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
e30davie
E30 Enthusiast

Assuming you are refering to the b6 or b8, there is a Few dollars in shocks. if he just wants the same ride quality i would be looking at the H & R or similar with the bisltein B4s if you are just looking for lower and oem ride and handling which might suit your convertible and its use.

Someone around here recently did a write up on installing them and they were impressed with the setup for the price. B4 shocks are really cheap.

No doubt the bilstein b6/b8 will be better performance wise, but the cost and harsh ride might not be suitable.
e30davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
Jokester
Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30davie View Post
Assuming you are refering to the b6 or b8, there is a Few dollars in shocks. if he just wants the same ride quality i would be looking at the H & R or similar with the bisltein B4s if you are just looking for lower and oem ride and handling which might suit your convertible and its use.

Someone around here recently did a write up on installing them and they were impressed with the setup for the price. B4 shocks are really cheap.

No doubt the bilstein b6/b8 will be better performance wise, but the cost and harsh ride might not be suitable.
Yes I was implying the b4 Bilstein’s, I put those and the Koni orange in the same category, with the b6/b8 and Koni Yellow’s matching up together in performance.
Jokester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:28 PM   #5
Bearmw
E30 Fanatic

I would suggest M3 springs as a good option with Koni adjustablei struts/shocks as a nice combo. You can run drop hats in front if you need to.