R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Lounge > Politics and Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #916
frankenbeemer
R3VLimited
 
frankenbeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by decay View Post
given that i attached to the marines in iraq, i can probably do a better job of spotting one than you.



you're starting on a false premise- "filibustering" is not what we did down there.

Well too bad you weren't in Philadelphia when antifa thugs assaulted those Marine reservists attending the Marine Corp Ball. Look at all the charges you could have helped Tom Keenan avoid.



COURT OF COMMON PLEAS OF PHILADELPHIA COUNTY

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania v. Thomas P. Keenan



CHARGES


Aggravated Assault
Conspiracy
Poss Instrument Of Crime W/Int
Terroristic Threats W/ Int To Terrorize Another
Simple Assault
Recklessly Endangering Another Person
Ethnic Intimidation
Robbery-Threat Immed Ser Injury



__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinormusJ View Post
Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
1989 325is Raged on then sold.
1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.
frankenbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #917
frankenbeemer
R3VLimited
 
frankenbeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by decay View Post
you're starting on a false premise- "filibustering" is not what we did down there.

You're wrong. Look it up in the OED if you still have a library card.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinormusJ View Post
Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
1989 325is Raged on then sold.
1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.
frankenbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #918
decay
R3V Elite
 
decay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yay area, ca
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenbeemer View Post
You're wrong. Look it up in the OED if you still have a library card.
sheer laziness is demanding links and telling me to head down to the library when i disagree on the definition of a word. this is really not worth the time or effort anymore. let's talk about bmws in some other thread
__________________
past:
1989 325is (learner shitbox)
1986 325e (turbo dorito)
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #919
frankenbeemer
R3VLimited
 
frankenbeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by decay View Post
sheer laziness is demanding links and telling me to head down to the library when i disagree on the definition of a word. this is really not worth the time or effort anymore. let's talk about bmws in some other thread

I wasn't "demanding links" or telling you to "head down to the library" you dramatic numbskull. The OED is online and most library cards give you free access. You could probably use the same device you just posted with.


I'm down with some less adversarial discourse. Got any pics of your 300? I dig those bikes.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinormusJ View Post
Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
1989 325is Raged on then sold.
1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.
frankenbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:56 AM   #920
decay
R3V Elite
 
decay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yay area, ca
Posts: 5,390




still got more work to do on the ass end, but here's what i can show you for now
__________________
past:
1989 325is (learner shitbox)
1986 325e (turbo dorito)
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #921
cale
R3VLimited
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,257
Anyone listen to the Rogan podcast with Andy Ngo? I still don't have a real opinion of the man himself, but I'm certainly skeptical of him being the alt-right mouthpiece he's been portrayed as. He's a soft and I'll go so far as to say non-inflammatory speaker who certainly doesn't speak with the amount of passion and energy people on the extreme ends often do. If you're provoked so much by his words that you chose to respond with violence then I'd wager you're the problem. Rogan brought up the all too real point we've all been aware of as well, that if violence is something the left wants to bring to the table, they're going to be gobsmacked and in very bad shape when the right chooses to escalate it. We all know what side of the aisle the worst of the worst come from, and the left is currently poking the bear.
cale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:30 AM   #922
z31maniac
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title
 
z31maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 17,395
Send a message via AIM to z31maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale View Post
Anyone listen to the Rogan podcast with Andy Ngo? I still don't have a real opinion of the man himself, but I'm certainly skeptical of him being the alt-right mouthpiece he's been portrayed as. He's a soft and I'll go so far as to say non-inflammatory speaker who certainly doesn't speak with the amount of passion and energy people on the extreme ends often do. If you're provoked so much by his words that you chose to respond with violence then I'd wager you're the problem. Rogan brought up the all too real point we've all been aware of as well, that if violence is something the left wants to bring to the table, they're going to be gobsmacked and in very bad shape when the right chooses to escalate it. We all know what side of the aisle the worst of the worst come from, and the left is currently poking the bear.
I haven't, that you say it's worth watching, means I'll find time today (and I generally like the wide berth of guests that Joe has on his show, just haven't watched this one yet.)

I'm still waiting for the soybois to come protest down below the mason-dixon line.

I wonder what would happen if these KKK wanna-be's came to OKC and started sucker punching old people.
__________________
Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
Chief Sales Officer, Midwest DivisionóBlunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

z31maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:07 AM   #923
coldweatherblue
Grease Monkey
 
coldweatherblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: chattanooga
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by z31maniac View Post
I wonder what would happen if these KKK wanna-be's came to OKC and started sucker punching old people.
My guess is around here they'd just be arrested.
coldweatherblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:24 AM   #924
agent
Moderator
 
agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Thompsons Station, Tennessee
Posts: 7,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldweatherblue View Post
My guess is around here they'd just be arrested.
And/or the governor will give them their own day of recognition.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronus View Post
would be in depending on tip slant and tube size
agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #925
cale
R3VLimited
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by z31maniac View Post
I haven't, that you say it's worth watching, means I'll find time today (and I generally like the wide berth of guests that Joe has on his show, just haven't watched this one yet.)

I'm still waiting for the soybois to come protest down below the mason-dixon line.

I wonder what would happen if these KKK wanna-be's came to OKC and started sucker punching old people.
It was a pretty underwhelming episode, just made clear some of the particulars of the situation. He was there for a men's rights speaker, he was not participating in any of the Proud Boys nonsense yet he was assaulted for it. Also learned that the mayor of Portland doubles as the Police Commissioner.
cale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #926
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title
 
mrsleeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NW MT
Posts: 16,224
so was this part of the plan there decay

https://apnews.com/6bbb56a3887e46db80516a01858b5e75


Some idiot attacks and tosses Molotov's at an immigration detention center in WA state and got himself shot by the cops in the process..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:05 PM   #927
decay
R3V Elite
 
decay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yay area, ca
Posts: 5,390
why do you still think i know about every action before it happens?

lone actor in a decentralized movement

guy was apparently 69 years old, maybe martyr/suicide by cop is what he wanted
__________________
past:
1989 325is (learner shitbox)
1986 325e (turbo dorito)
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #928
Cabriolet
R3V OG
 
Cabriolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 9,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsleeve View Post
Can we talk about how immoral it is to have a privately run jail system.

>makes money from prisoners
>no incentive to rehabilitate
>return offenders = more money

this just sickens me to death. the whole point of a prison should be to reform the individual and make it easier for them to return as a productive member of society.
__________________
Much wow
I hate 4 doors
Cabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #929
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title
 
mrsleeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NW MT
Posts: 16,224
Its a detention center, not a prison. detained persons can leave anytime they want to return home.....


Why would be trying to rehab people that are trying to get in, its not like they have committed crimes that would require such measures. Yes it costs money to ship people places, you point is what????
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #930
z31maniac
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title
 
z31maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 17,395
Send a message via AIM to z31maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldweatherblue View Post
My guess is around here they'd just be arrested.
I think you missed my point.

Down here where a huge segment of the population carries and you are legally allowed to use lethal force to stop someone from being attacked, these mask wearing cowards would likely end up being shot.
__________________
Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
Chief Sales Officer, Midwest DivisionóBlunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

z31maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC