R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > M10

Old 02-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #16
rijlaab
Noobie

Nice build!
At the moment im converting my stock L-jettronic to turbo and megasquirt. What are you using for idle control and what sensors are you using to for your megasquirt?
rijlaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:45 PM   #17
Jaxx_
E30 Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijlaab View Post
Nice build!
At the moment im converting my stock L-jettronic to turbo and megasquirt. What are you using for idle control and what sensors are you using to for your megasquirt?
I am using a bosch 3 wire IAC from a 325i.

I am using a EDIS 36-1 wheel and VR sensor for crank, Nissan VG30 TPS sensor, cherry hall sensor from DIY autotune for cam(installing soon), GM open air IAT sensor, and factory coolant sensor. I am using the regular 3 bar MAP sensor from megasquirt.

Wideband is a Bosch LSU 4.2 driven on a 14point7 SLC DIY1. I will eventually move to a spartan and possibly do EGTs, but that's down the road.

For other items, I am using ebay pressure transducers for oil and fuel, and a GM sensor for oil temperature--it came off a saturn and is 1/8" NPT. My flex fuel/ethanol sensor is a continental sensor from GM, it came out of an impala in the junkyard. I am using the factory reed switch/diff sensor for speed, and factory float for fuel level.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:00 AM   #18
rijlaab
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx_ View Post
I am using a bosch 3 wire IAC from a 325i.

I am using a EDIS 36-1 wheel and VR sensor for crank, Nissan VG30 TPS sensor, cherry hall sensor from DIY autotune for cam(installing soon), GM open air IAT sensor, and factory coolant sensor. I am using the regular 3 bar MAP sensor from megasquirt.

Wideband is a Bosch LSU 4.2 driven on a 14point7 SLC DIY1. I will eventually move to a spartan and possibly do EGTs, but that's down the road.

For other items, I am using ebay pressure transducers for oil and fuel, and a GM sensor for oil temperature--it came off a saturn and is 1/8" NPT. My flex fuel/ethanol sensor is a continental sensor from GM, it came out of an impala in the junkyard. I am using the factory reed switch/diff sensor for speed, and factory float for fuel level.
Thanks man! Is the Nissan tps a direct fit? I AM looking for clean fit parts making IT look like IT should be there

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g(6) plus met Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2019, 07:31 AM   #19
Jaxx_
E30 Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijlaab View Post
Thanks man! Is the Nissan tps a direct fit? I AM looking for clean fit parts making IT look like IT should be there

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g(6) plus met Tapatalk
Unfortunately not. I am using a plate adapter from 02again in southern California.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:57 PM   #20
rijlaab
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx_ View Post
Unfortunately not. I am using a plate adapter from 02again in southern California.
I see, i dont live very close to Southern California so will be making something myself then! Thanks for the info!
Old 05-01-2019, 03:09 PM   #21
Jaxx_
E30 Mastermind

As is probably a surprise to no one, I melted The cyl 1 plug wire. Luckily the EDIS coil allowed me to buy a set of 8 wires for $15.

More issues with the fuel regulatoróbut hopefully I can get the car tuned a bit better before another thing breaks
Attached Images