R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Lounge > Politics and Religion

Old 09-08-2018, 04:46 AM   #2986
mbonder
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb72tii View Post
And a hypothesis unsupported by data is, drumroll, wrong.
Would it be possible then for you to stop claiming that by attempting to better control CO2 output humanity is going to wreck the global economy?

I mean that's just as much of a hypothesis isn't it? Haven't seen any real world data on it anywhere...cause it simply hasn't happened despite the attempts that have been made to move away from fossil fuels to renewable, clean energy.
mbonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:59 AM   #2987
Schnitzer318is
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonder View Post
Would it be possible then for you to stop claiming that by attempting to better control CO2 output humanity is going to wreck the global economy?

I mean that's just as much of a hypothesis isn't it? Haven't seen any real world data on it anywhere...cause it simply hasn't happened despite the attempts that have been made to move away from fossil fuels to renewable, clean energy.

I've given up trying to discuss AGW with gwb. He's accepted a point of view as true and ignores any and all data as skewed, misinterpreted, or some political conspiracy being assisted by ~99% of the scientific community. This isn't the first time he has posted an article that doesn't support his point of view as supporting it. I got no response the last time I pointed it out.
87 325 Daily driver Sold
06 4.8is X5
06 Mtec X3
05 4.4i X5 Sold
92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
90 325i Sold
97 328is Sold
01 323ci Sold
92 325i Sold
83 528e Totaled
98 328i Sold
93 325i Sold
Schnitzer318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #2988
cale
R3VLimited

Quote:
So now more trees are bad rofl, nice Cale.
Definitely what I said.

You can't even respond to the topic while sharing one cohesive argument, it's just an accumulation of denier nonsense you've accumulated over the years. We get it, you don't believe in science, you didn't need to regurgitate that for the 50th time.
cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #2989
gwb72tii
No R3VLimiter

for those interested in an interview with our new science advisor:

https://thebestschools.org/special/k...per-interview/
Old 09-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #2990
gwb72tii
No R3VLimiter

and my comment about climate hypotheses being wrong, from a Nobel Laureate physicist, Richard Feynman, who was I believe apolitical, about how science is supposed to work:

In general, we look for a new law by the following process. First, we guess it (audience laughter), no, don’t laugh, that’s really true. Then we compute the consequences of the guess, to see what, if this is right, if this law we guess is right, to see what it would imply and then we compare the computation results to nature, or we say compare to experiment or experience, compare it directly with observations to see if it works.

If it disagrees with experiment, it’s wrong. In that simple statement is the key to science. It doesn’t make any difference how beautiful your guess is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are who made the guess, or what his name is . . .  If it disagrees with experiment, it’s wrong. That’s all there is to it.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #2991
cale
R3VLimited

Quote:
and my comment about climate hypotheses being wrong, from a Nobel Laureate physicist, Richard Feynman, who was I believe apolitical, about how science is supposed to work:

In general, we look for a new law by the following process. First, we guess it (audience laughter), no, don’t laugh, that’s really true. Then we compute the consequences of the guess, to see what, if this is right, if this law we guess is right, to see what it would imply and then we compare the computation results to nature, or we say compare to experiment or experience, compare it directly with observations to see if it works.

If it disagrees with experiment, it’s wrong. In that simple statement is the key to science. It doesn’t make any difference how beautiful your guess is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are who made the guess, or what his name is . . .  If it disagrees with experiment, it’s wrong. That’s all there is to it.
Great, you've now explained something to people who already understood it. Do you actually think anyone who's been vocal in this thread is unaware of this? Maybe you can share some more gems that everyone else learned in the 8th grade which you're just stumbling on now.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #2992
saucers
Wrencher

Quote:

Stop regurgitating Alex Epstein, he's a known Koch shill
Old 03-23-2019, 08:59 AM   #2993
gwb72tii
No R3VLimiter

At the risk of triggering Cale, I found this:

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/...ientific+Fraud

For anyone interested in the subject of anthropogenic global warming, where the trace gas CO2 is now a pollutant, it is a worthy read.
The cause of global warming is solved.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #2994
cale
R3VLimited

For anyone interested in science, please refer to some unemployed lawyers blog that looks like it just stepped out of the 90s.

k.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #2995
gwb72tii
No R3VLimiter

this might interest some:

https://youtu.be/mqejXs7XgsU
Old 04-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #2996
decay
R3V Elite

Quote:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5971098994001/

your own mouthpieces have turned on you, gwb.
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #2997
cale
R3VLimited

Quote:

"It was warm before so it's ok now"

It took 4 "climate scientists" to get together and come up with an argument a high school student couldn't debunk? Anyone who can't understand what's wrong with that logic is a genuinely stupid.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #2998
gwb72tii
No R3VLimiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cale View Post
"It was warm before so it's ok now"

It took 4 "climate scientists" to get together and come up with an argument a high school student couldn't debunk? Anyone who can't understand what's wrong with that logic is a genuinely stupid.
And anyone that can’t see the science and logic in the argument is blind, eh?